Why I Love My Job As a Realtor
Hi, my name is Andrea Miller, and I love my job!
Forbes recently published an article stating that real estate agents are some of the happiest in their careers. Realtors scored very highly on several job happiness indicators, from work environment to growth opportunities to the relationships with bosses and co-workers. That article rang true for me, so I decided to list all the reasons why being a realtor is such a satisfying career.
I’m part of the story.
- I’m intimately involved in the most important purchase in a person’s life: a home. I get to know them and their stories, and I become part of it for a short period of time. I love seeing the smiles on my clients’ faces when they buy the house of their dreams. I get to witness perfect endings and new beginnings every day!
No two days are ever the same.
- I love not being able to predict what challenges I’ll have to face in my workday. Each client has distinctly different needs and demands. There are always new problems to solve, new people to meet, new properties to market and sell. Like any job, there’s a regular to-do list to complete, but I don’t feel like a gear in a machine, performing the same task every day.
I can use my career as creative outlet.
- I learn something new every day, and there’s always an opportunity to be creative and think outside the box. From choosing exactly the right photos of each home to writing listing verbiage to solving the mysteries of what each buyer wants, every situation is unique, and so there’s never a one-size-fits-all solution; what worked with one client or property won’t work with another.
Honestly, I just really love where I work.
- While there are routine tasks as well as laws and regulations to follow, I have a lot of control over the work I do on a daily basis in an environment where I’m free to be me. Also, I enjoy the comradery, support and genuine FUN that comes from working with a team of talented, top-producing agents, as well as a team of marketing and operational professionals. This allows me to provide the most attentive care to both my listing and buying clients. Sure, there can be a little bit of healthy competition, but there’s enough success to go around, and we genuinely support each other.
You can make a decent living with great job security.
- Being in real estate means that you’re in business for yourself. That comes with its own set of challenges - getting started, navigating the ups and downs of the market, the grueling days during peak season. But, if you can withstand that, you can ultimately make a good living without worrying about keeping your job during less prosperous times.
I’m genuinely interested in houses.
- I’m very fortunate that I’m genuinely interested in the work I do. Much like the people I work with, no two homes are alike. They all come with their own stories and quirks. I love learning about them all and matching them with the right buyer.
Most people go to their jobs every day and put in long hours and hard work, but not everyone is lucky enough to put all that time and energy into a career they love. Working in real estate full-time definitely comes with its difficult days, but for me, the challenge is worth the reward.
About Andrea Miller
Andrea Miller received her marketing degree from Texas Tech University. After graduating, she returned home to North Texas where she spent 13 years as a top performer in international communications sales and management. Now, as a REALTOR®, Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist™ (CLHMS), Andrea is an integral part of the Housed Real Estate + Relocation team. She is committed daily to pursuing her career as a full-time real estate agent, selling over $9 million in residential + commercial real estate in 2017.
If you’re interested in pursuing a career in Real Estate, we’re always looking for talented people! Contact Housed Real Estate today at info@HousedRealEstate.com.